Installation of Replacement Windows
If you’re looking for replacement windows for your home, you probably have a few questions, particularly around installation. It’s best to have a window and installation expert come to your home and inspect your windows and window frames. An expert can recommend the window installation method that is best for your home. Two replacement window installation methods include:
The Insert Window Installation Method: This installation method consists of setting a new window into an existing frame opening. An insert window installation makes sense when:
- The old window sill and frame are square, solid and in good condition.
- The existing construction will allow use of the insert in a way that is structurally sound.
- Casing and trim need to remain in place throughout installation.
The Full Frame Installation Method: This installation method consists of removing the entire existing window and installing new. A full frame window installation makes sense when:
- The old window frame is deteriorated beyond repair.
- A larger opening is required by fire egress codes.*
- You want to improve your home’s energy efficiency, because the old window frame has air leakage.
- Existing window frame doesn’t lend itself to insert window replacement.
Renewal by Andersen’s professional installers are experts in both insert and full frame window installation methods and they are available to answer any questions you may have about replacing your windows, including which window replacement method is right for your home. For more information about your replacement window options, visit www.renewalbyandersen.com and contact one of our replacement window experts today.
*See your local code official for building code requirements in your area.
What others have viewed...
OUR HASSLE-FREE PROCESS IN 4 EASY STEPS!
Our design consultants provide in-home or no-contact virtual meetings to listen to your design needs and provide a plan to improve your home.
Measure & Manufacture
Project Technicians ensure accuracy and answer any last minute questions before sending in the order for your fully customized windows.
Our Installers treat your home as if it were their own and clean up afterwards.
A robust limited warranty is backed by a commitment to making sure your windows function as expected.