Fourth of July Window Decorations
The Fourth of July is a unique holiday, one that celebrates freedom and our heritage as Americans coupled with summer weather, family and friends, good food, and of course fireworks. Decorating for the 4th of July can be a great way to set the mood. Here are a few decorating ideas to help celebrate Old Glory.
- Festive Window Swag: Of course Martha has tips to decorate for the 4th. Use her window swag how-to tips to create a look fit for our nation’s forefathers.
- Decorative Window Hang: Repurpose a pretty red, white, or blue dishtowel by turning it into a window hang to create a rustic, homey 4th of July mood.
- Recreate a Federal Era Home: Take a cue from the homes of yore and deck your windows, railings, and awnings with American flag-inspired trim. Check out these historic homes for inspiration!
- Rosette Banner: Create a festive rosette banner to hang across your windows, doorway, fireplace, outside, or wherever you need an extra splash of patriotism. With this easy DIY tutorial, you can even make more than one!
- Paper Fireworks: Don’t want the risk of real fireworks? Make paper ones instead! These easy paper fireworks are perfect for hanging one-by-one from trees, decorating your windows, or stringing together to create an explosive garland!
There’s nothing more festive than fireworks framed by a decorated window. Enjoy this Fourth of July with family and friends, and for more window decorating tips visit our Pinterest page.
Happy 4th of July everyone!