Tips for Fire Safety and Prevention
A fire at home can start for many reasons -- candles, cooking, electrical issues, heating, and smoking materials -- to name a few. Though sometimes a fire seems unavoidable, practicing fire prevention helps keep you and your family safe. Fire Prevention Week 2015 is the perfect time to brush up on prevention tactics and prepare your family in case disaster strikes.
Fire Safety and Prevention Tips:
- First and foremost, install smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each separate sleeping area, and on every level of your home – including the basement. Three out of five home fire fatalities happen in homes with no or non-working smoke alarms.
- Next, identify potential fire hazards. Do you have frayed or exposed electrical wires? Are space heaters located near curtains or other flammable materials? Fix what you can and know where other potential dangers lie.
- Install fire safety windows and doors. If that is not an option, use fire retardant products to fire proof windows and doors. This slows down the fire and helps prevent it from spreading.
- Plan and practice an escape route. Determine at least two ways to escape from your home and select a location outside for everyone to meet. Also, plan what to do with family pets and know who to call for emergency assistance.
- Many children are not aware of potential fire hazards. Check out these fire prevention tips for kids to ensure proper fire safety and prevention is practiced by the entire family.
Prevent a fire in your home, and keep you and your family safe if one happens to occur, by following proper fire safety and prevention practices.
What others have viewed...
OUR HASSLE-FREE PROCESS IN 4 EASY STEPS!
Our design consultants provide in-home or no-contact virtual meetings to listen to your design needs and provide a plan to improve your home.
Measure & Manufacture
Project Technicians ensure accuracy and answer any last minute questions before sending in the order for your fully customized windows.
Our Installers treat your home as if it were their own and clean up afterwards.
A robust limited warranty is backed by a commitment to making sure your windows function as expected.